November 8, 2016, Singapore – Boomzap Entertainment announced today that it has been awarded for Best Multiplayer Game and Excellence in Gameplay in the 1st International Mobile Gaming Awards Southeast Asia (IMGA SEA). The IMGA is the longest standing and highest regarded mobile games award program started in 2004.
The IMGA SEA ceremony was held during the Level Up KL 2016 conference, and organized in partnership with MDEC, Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation. Southeast Asia’s top mobile gaming talent was in attendance, both at the ceremony and the exclusive party that followed hosted by the Emcee Shing Queen.
Inspired by classic turn-based strategy games like Civilization, Heroes of Might & Magic, and Risk, Legends of Callasia adds an original simultaneous gameplay mechanic that keeps games moving quickly, even in multiplayer mode up to 8 players while adding deep strategy elements. Easy to pick up and learn, the game has a classic tabletop feel, allowing players to build and control heroes and armies, build castles and cities, and control territories and kingdoms.
“Winners like Legends of Callasia highlight the new standard of creativity and the emerging quality of the productions found in mobile gaming”, said Maarten Noyons, founder of the IMGA. “Out of the many submissions, Boomzap’s game was one of the few to rise to the top of the prominent list of jury’s best experiences in its category.”
As a virtual studio with developers from Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, and other countries across the region, Boomzap co-founder Christopher Natsuume said, “A win for Boomzap is actually a win for all of Southeast Asia and I’m thrilled to be working in all of these countries.” He also added praise for the IMGA for “continuing to support game development in Southeast Asia which is hands down the most exciting place in the world right now for game development.”
Boomzap Entertainment is a virtual game development studio headquartered in Singapore, and is proud to be a regional leader in the rapidly growing Southeast Asian game development industry. Since its formation in 2005, Boomzap has developed and released over 40 game titles on PC, Mac, Wii, iPad, iPhone and Android, winning multiple awards and selling tens of millions of units worldwide, making it one of the top casual game studios in the industry today. Learn more about Boomzap at www.boomzap.com, or follow their social media pages for updates: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit
The IMGA is the longest standing mobile games award program started in 2004. With its long history and unique judging process, it has recognized some of the world’s most popular titles in their early days, such as Candy Crush Saga and Clash of Clans. It is the only competition that unites the industry by celebrating excellence and innovation in games.
For full details about the competition’s terms and conditions, visit sea.imgawards.com or call: +33 491 315 217. You can also follow the IMGA on Twitter or Facebook.
- Game Title: Legends of Callasia
- Developer/Publisher: Boomzap Entertainment
- Genre: Strategy, Multiplayer
- Release Dates: June 10, 2016 (Steam); September 8, 2016 (iOS)
- Platforms: Windows PC, Macintosh OS X, iPad
- Website: http://legends.boomzap.com
- Steam Store Page: http://store.steampowered.com//app/438920
- App Store Page: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1055987925
- Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/BoomzapLegends
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/BoomzapCallasia
- Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/legendsofcallasia
- Discord: https://discord.me/legendsofcallasia
- Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/legendsofcallasia
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/boomzapgames
- Press Kit/Screenshots: http://legends.boomzap.com/press
- Trailer Video: https://youtu.be/_OPw96HsviY