A new patch is up on Steam with the following changes:
- Introduced Faeborne Campaign with 2 new scenarios.
- Introduced email verification system. This is to ensure that the account you create is attached to a valid email that you can use to contact us with for support issues.
- Prototyped an achievement system. The current working implementation does not yet sync to Steam. (We’re currently working on how these achievements will automatically sync to Steam’s achievement system.)
- Fixed a bug where loading from a save game prevents training new units or awakening heroes.
- AI tweaking and improvements.
- Click on the clouds! Click on the clouds!
- Miscellaneous improvements and bugfixes
Thanks again for checking out the game. As part of our Early Access, we’re opening our dev process through regular livestreams on our Twitch channel! Follow us to get notifications on when we are live: http://www.twitch.tv/legendsofcallasia
Here’s our current stream schedule (time and content may be subject to change without prior notice = game devs have flexible schedules!):
- Monday 11AM SGT / Sunday 7PM PST: Weekly Status Update
- Tuesday 12NN SGT / Monday 8PM PST: Playtesting/ Behind-the-Scenes
- Wednesday 12NN SGT / Tuesday 8PM PST: Playtesting/ Behind-the-Scenes
- Thursday 12NN SGT / Wednesday 8PM PST: Playtesting/ Behind-the-Scenes
- Friday 12NN SGT / Thursday 8PM PST: Live Multiplayer
We’ll update you every week with our project plans, including where we are on our roadmap for Legends of Callasia. Behind-the-Scenes includes us playtesting upcoming features, maybe some scripting or painting, and other actual work. Comments and thoughts while we’re actually working are highly encouraged. You can also join us in multiplayer if you are online! Let us know if there’s anything else you want to see on our streams.
Here’s our latest broadcast with Chris and Nelson playtesting the new Faeborne campaigns (also Chris does a little dance somewhere in there): http://www.twitch.tv/legendsofcallasia/v/50220958
If you are also on Twitch, tell us if you will be livestreaming Legends of Callasia so we can host you. If you’re interested, we’re eager to supply you with whatever you need to make the stream awesome – including free game codes to use for your streams and giveaway to your viewers! Contact us for details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let us know your thoughts! Hope you enjoy.
We have a new update available for Legends of Callasia!
- Introduced additional 2 scenarios to the Hundred Kingdom campaign.
- Fix loading from a saved game will not properly restore a skirmish’s turn limit properly.
- The user list in the lobby screen now shows an additional set of status indicators that determine if a user is available, away or busy.
- When a user is disconnected or dropped from a game for any reason, fix the possibility that the user remained disconnected improperly.
- Fix a bug where it is possible to access the hire and awaken panels over an enemy city or structure.
- Added the ability for a game host to “poke” a player who hasn’t committed by clicking the Start button; a user who remains idle and away from keyboard will also eventually get disconnected automatically.
- Miscellaneous bugfixes.
We’re happy to announce that Legends of Callasia is now available for PC on Steam as an Early Access! Thanks again to everyone who voted during our Greenlight campaign.
This also means that our open beta has officially ended, and you will no longer be able to play the builds downloaded from our website. Unfortunately, Mac and Linux builds are not yet ready for Early Access, but we’ll keep everyone posted on the development – we expect them to be available soon. Additionally, as iOS and Android are unavailable through Steam, these builds will also be unavailable for a while.
Download the game here: http://store.steampowered.com//app/438920
So what’s in store for you during the Early Access?
Legends of Callasia can be downloaded for free with new single player campaigns that were previously not available during the open beta. We’ll continue to add new levels as we progress through early access and eventually complete it for final release. Skirmish and Multiplayer modes are also available in the free version – additional races, heroes, and maps can be unlocked by purchasing the game (click Buy Now on the main menu) at a limited-time early-access only price of $15.99 USD. More content will be added as we release new updates, and you’ll have access to the full game on its final release. The retail price of the game for full release will be $19.99 USD.
As always, keep sending in your feedback! Thanks again for your continued support and we hope to see you in the multiplayer lobby!