A new Dwarf faction called the Stoneborne is currently in development with new heroes, campaigns, underground maps, and more!
July 21, 2016, Singapore – After launching fantasy-themed strategy game Legends of Callasia on Steam last month, Southeast Asian game studio Boomzap Entertainment returns to Kickstarter for the crowdfunding of a new expansion pack, which introduces a new playable faction, the Stoneborne, also known as Dwarves.
Legends of Callasia is a world conquest game inspired by classic turn-based strategy games like Civilization, Heroes of Might & Magic, and Risk. Players control heroes from their chosen faction, occupy territories, and control kingdoms in a tabletop-style map with bonus cards that may alter the course of battle. Its original simultaneous gameplay mechanic keeps games moving quickly, even in multiplayer mode while adding deep strategy elements.
Named Legends of Callasia: The Stoneborne, the expansion will include content based on players’ feedback: new heroes, cards, maps, and campaigns for the formerly non-playable faction, the Dwarves. The story of Stoneborne will follow their journey underground and their encounters with a new enemy, the Cavespawn.
By supporting the Kickstarter campaign, backers can pre-order copies of the main game and the expansion pack as well as have their names included in the game as heroes, territories, and kingdoms.
Boomzap has set a funding goal of $2,500 USD, and pledges start at $5. Those interested may download a free demo to the main game, which already includes a glimpse of some of the Dwarven heroes in campaign mode. Legends of Callasia is available for $24.99 USD on Steam, and will be coming soon to iPad and Android tablets. More details available at legends.boomzap.com. Support the project on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/boomzap/legends-of-callasia-the-stoneborne
Boomzap Entertainment is a virtual game development studio headquartered in Singapore, and is proud to be a regional leader in the rapidly growing Southeast Asian game development industry. Since its formation in 2005, Boomzap has developed and released over 40 game titles on PC, Mac, Wii, iPad, iPhone and Android, winning multiple awards and selling tens of millions of units worldwide, making it one of the top casual game studios in the industry today. Learn more about Boomzap at www.boomzap.com, or follow their social media pages for updates: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit
- Game Title: Legends of Callasia
- Developer/Publisher: Boomzap Entertainment
- Genre: Strategy, Multiplayer
- Release Date: June 10, 2016
- Platforms: Windows PC, Macintosh OS X (soon on iPad, and Android tablets)
- Website: http://legends.boomzap.com
- Steam Store Page: http://store.steampowered.com//app/438920
- Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/BoomzapLegends
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/BoomzapCallasia
- Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/legendsofcallasia
- Discord: https://discord.me/legendsofcallasia
- Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/legendsofcallasia
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/boomzapgames
- Press Kit/Screenshots: http://legends.boomzap.com/press
- Trailer Video: https://youtu.be/FdOkNWGajNI
- Kickstarter Video: https://youtu.be/Pq8kMd_F4Ww