There’s a new update for Legends of Callasia, which includes two new campaign maps and another limited-edition hero available for those who purchased Early Access. Meet Tigris!
- Introduced Faeborne Campaign 4 and Revenant Campaign 2. A new Map will be unlocked upon finishing each campaign level.
- Introduced a new Early Access Faeborne hero. Those who already purchased Early Access should have it unlocked when you log into the game.
- Beta release of Friend system that allows you to add other users as friends.
- Global and Friend chat tabs.
- Separated player color and player starting position in multiplayer setup.
- Change “Esc” button behavior to either: (i) Close any open popups or (ii) Access in-game settings menu.
- Added new critters.
- Replaced “Load Game” button with a smaller button (diskette icon) found below the Settings button.
- Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes.
A new patch is up on Steam with the following changes:
- Introduced Faeborne Campaign with 2 new scenarios.
- Introduced email verification system. This is to ensure that the account you create is attached to a valid email that you can use to contact us with for support issues.
- Prototyped an achievement system. The current working implementation does not yet sync to Steam. (We’re currently working on how these achievements will automatically sync to Steam’s achievement system.)
- Fixed a bug where loading from a save game prevents training new units or awakening heroes.
- AI tweaking and improvements.
- Click on the clouds! Click on the clouds!
- Miscellaneous improvements and bugfixes
We have a new update available for Legends of Callasia!
- Introduced additional 2 scenarios to the Hundred Kingdom campaign.
- Fix loading from a saved game will not properly restore a skirmish’s turn limit properly.
- The user list in the lobby screen now shows an additional set of status indicators that determine if a user is available, away or busy.
- When a user is disconnected or dropped from a game for any reason, fix the possibility that the user remained disconnected improperly.
- Fix a bug where it is possible to access the hire and awaken panels over an enemy city or structure.
- Added the ability for a game host to “poke” a player who hasn’t committed by clicking the Start button; a user who remains idle and away from keyboard will also eventually get disconnected automatically.
- Miscellaneous bugfixes.
We’re happy to announce that Legends of Callasia is now available for PC on Steam as an Early Access! Thanks again to everyone who voted during our Greenlight campaign.
This also means that our open beta has officially ended, and you will no longer be able to play the builds downloaded from our website. Unfortunately, Mac and Linux builds are not yet ready for Early Access, but we’ll keep everyone posted on the development – we expect them to be available soon. Additionally, as iOS and Android are unavailable through Steam, these builds will also be unavailable for a while.
Download the game here: http://store.steampowered.com//app/438920
So what’s in store for you during the Early Access?
Legends of Callasia can be downloaded for free with new single player campaigns that were previously not available during the open beta. We’ll continue to add new levels as we progress through early access and eventually complete it for final release. Skirmish and Multiplayer modes are also available in the free version – additional races, heroes, and maps can be unlocked by purchasing the game (click Buy Now on the main menu) at a limited-time early-access only price of $15.99 USD. More content will be added as we release new updates, and you’ll have access to the full game on its final release. The retail price of the game for full release will be $19.99 USD.
As always, keep sending in your feedback! Thanks again for your continued support and we hope to see you in the multiplayer lobby!